Why not join the NYU London Community Service Committee?
The NYU London Community Service Committee (NYUL CSC) is a small group of students who are interested in promoting charitable activities to the wider NYU London populace. There are a small number of roles available if you would like to get further involved with service and charity events in London.
The committee’s role will mainly be focussed around organising fundraising events for BBC’s Comic Relief, helping organise NYUL’s part in the showUcare initiative, and helping to run one-off volunteering activities. There will be a short training session that will take place on Saturday 1st February and after that, CSC members will be expected to meet at least bi-monthly to discuss events and activities.
Have a look at the roles below and consider signing up if any of them appeal to you – all roles will require you to work as part of the wider team to help make events and fundraising activities a success.
- Treasurer | The Treasurer will be responsible for putting together budget proposals for events and submitting them to appropriate staff members in a timely fashion; liaising with the Finance and Operations Department to arrange the collection of monies; ensuring that other committee members observe the approved budget; and making sure that receipts are submitted in a timely manner after events.
– Internal Events Coordinator | The Internal Events Coordinator will be responsible for taking the lead on organising internal fundraising events and working with the Treasurer to put together budget proposals for these events; arranging for the staffing of fundraising events from the committee itself and from external students; and liaising with NYUL staff about fundraising events.
- External Events Coordinator | The External Events Coordinator will be responsible for taking the lead on organising external volunteering events and working with the Committee and Student Life staff to arrange student leaders and effective promotion of one-off volunteering events; looking into opportunities for one-off volunteering events in, and around London; and working with the Treasurer to submit budget proposals for one-off external events.
- Fundraising Coordinator | The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for coming up with fundraising ideas and working with the Internal Events Coordinator to make them happen; working with the Treasurer and Internal Events Coordinator to submit budget proposals for fundraising events; and taking charge of arranging donations for fundraising events.
- Promotions Coordinator | The Promotions Coordinator will be responsible for drafting promotional materials for internal and external service events and drafting emails to send to students about Committee events; arranging outreach events designed to tell other students about upcoming events; and arranging the sale of tickets for events that require them.
We are also looking for 2 General Coordinators to offer assistance to the other members of the Committee – if you’re interested in getting involved but none of the above positions interest, why not consider becoming a General Coordinator instead and do a little of everything?
In return for your commitment to the Community Service Committee you will:
- Receive a $50 Amazon.com voucher (if you do at least 10 hours of community outreach work)
- Receive training to help you go about your role in the Committee
- Have the option of requesting a reference
- Be invited to attend an optional ‘thank you’ dinner at the end of the semester
- Have a great experience that will enhance your CV
Sign up here: www.surveymonkey.com/s/csc-application